In this Foundations of Photography, Ben Long shows photographers how to develop a black and white vocabulary and explains the considerations to take into account when shooting for this medium. The course follows Ben as he goes on location and explains what makes good black and white subject matter and how to visualize the scene in terms of tonal values and contrast rather than color. Along the way, he demonstrates some exposure strategies for getting the best images. Back at the computer, Ben demonstrates techniques for converting the resulting photos into black and white using Photoshop and other imaging tools, and offers tips on printing and output.
Why shoot in black and white
How to recognize good black-and-white subject matter
Preparing the camera
Shooting a tone-based subject
Exposing for black and white
Converting from color to black and white using Photoshop CS4 or CS5
Converting to black and white in Camera Raw
Toning and split-toning
Comparing high key versus low key images
Preparing a black and white image for print
Seven Easy Steps to Complete the Buying Process
- Click buy now option of the product that you want from category page.
- Check the desired product > Read the description > Select the quantity > Click Buy Now.
- Recheck the product/products that you are willing to buy, if you want to add more products on your shopping cart then continue your shopping or click Checkout to complete this step of buying process.
- Select delivery type, Inside Dhaka or Outside Dhaka and click Continue.
- Login your account or click on Register to create a account.
- Fill out all the information such as name, email address, cell number, address and password that you want to set for itnextdigital.com account.
- Select the payment method and click place order.
- Offer applicable for ITNextDigital.com members only.
- Home delivery is available.
- Delivery charge: Inside Dhaka-30 Taka,Outside Dhaka-50 Taka.
- Product delivery may be interrupted or delayed due to natural disaster or in-case of political unrest.
- In case of delivery outside Dhaka,Chittagong & Sylhet, customers may have to collect certain products from the nearby courier service office.
If the delivery location is outside of Dhaka city, advance payment is a requirement.